Thursday, November 18, 2010

November 18, 2010. Jackson, Ms. Ballet.

Today was ballet class. First Mary Frances at four, then Kate at five-fifteen. Molly stayed home with me for the first trip and she showed me all her dance steps, all taught by Kate. The living room is without furniture so Molly calls the empty room her dance studio. Fortunately there is a mirror in the room. That is her favorite, dancing in front of the mirror, especially when your grandmother is watching. I drove the secon trip and Molly atayed back with Ken and Andrew. She was not so pleased with that but I wanted to see Mary Frances in action. There is a window I could spy out and watch the action. Mary Frances is a full head taller than any other tall girl but she does not seem to mind. A good thing too.

The ballet school is impressive. Many classes being taught at the same time and many more girls waiting in the halls ready for the next group, all looking like proper ballerinas. Mothers sitting waiting. This town is a dancing town. Certainly the girls are enthusiastic and keen on dancing. Molly can't wait until she is old enough to begin her class. I must say, the girls look beautiful with their hair in buns and all so straight and thin. Would that I had studied ballet as a child!!

No comments: