Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8, 2010. Chevy Chase, Md. Coincidence.

In 1974, my Mother fell in our home in Bethesda. That was in June. By September she was back at work, but was disabled. The following February she died. As she was born in 1902, she was 72 when she fell.

The first time I went swimming in a hotel during our trip on the plains, I realized that I had a very sore sternum and I could not figure out why. Then I recalled that my Mother dislocated her sternum when she fell. I finally figured out that I fell when I was 72 in David's home and my sternum was injured as was my leg. Interesting coincidence. But I am not going to die in my sleep next February and I am certainly not going to read C.S.Lewis' "Surprised by Joy". Not me.

Perhaps it is the 72 age thing. The most important fact is to take more care while walking around unfamiliar places. That is the lesson!!

No comments: