Friday, January 20, 2012

January 20, 2012. Playa Royale, Mexico. The Australian Open.

I have a perfect set up.   If I chose, I can watch tennis on TV all day and evening, all the way from Melbourne, Australia.   We have a TV set in every bedroom, so I can watch the early games when I first wake up on one channel and other games on two other stations the rest of the day.   Last night I could watch two games by switching back and forth from one channel to the other.  I am in hog heaven.  Ken can watch TV in the living room if he wishes,  but today, I watched tennis at breakfast and dinner, sitting in my own bed.  I loved it.

Of course, two channels are in Spanish  but I always turn the sound down when the ladies play.  I hate to hear that Sharipova grunt so I push the mute button.  Ken does not really enjoy tennis on TV, so I have the clicker all to myself.  Of course, I can not sit and watch that much tennis but I enjoy an hour at a time throughout the day and evening.

I am looking forward to living in Canada in August when the London Olympics will be held. I will be able to watch the Canadian coverage plus the American feed, so perhaps I will be satisfied for once.   But right now in Mexico, with two Spanish stations and one American channel broadcasting the Australian Open several hours a day, I am able to watch as much tennis as I can stomach in a day.  I am living the high life for sure.

No comments: