Thursday, January 5, 2012

January 5, 2012. Playa Royale, Mexico. Colds.

All my life I have pretended to ignore my colds.  I just took an aspirin or two every four hours and continued on with my work.   Also I drank tons of water and just kept going.  In a few days, I discovered that my cold had disappeared.  I knew it had gone when I no longer needed the aspirins.

Now that I am retired and have nothing real that needs to be done on a daily basis, my colds seem much worse.  I find myself paying attention to my cold along with my sniffles and sneezing and coughing.  In the past,  I paid no attention and never admitted that I, in truth, had a cold.

In the olden days, in three days, the cold was gone.  Now that I am 74, it seems to take longer.  Perhaps it is because Ken got his cold sooner and his colds always last longer than mine.  Or perhaps my immune system is not as good as in the past.   Who knows but I only know that I don't like colds and I am never getting one again!!

No comments: