Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 25, 2012. Playa Royale, Mexico. The Nosebleed.

It always happens in the middle of the night.   Out of the blue, Ken's nose starts bleeding.  I awake at 2:00 am to find Ken with ice wrapped in a face cloth holding his nose.   With the other hand he is pressing a tissue on his nose to try to stop the bleeding.  Neither actions are working.   The ice was not in a plastic bag so the melting ice was making everything wet, and clearly, the held tissue was not stopping the bleeding.   He was in a mass.

I did think about waking Doreen, who is a nurse.

Instead, I threw away all the bloody dirty tissues from the table beside the bed.   Then I put new ice in a small plastic bag and wrapped a new dry face cloth around the ice.  I next gave Ken new clean tissues.   With the clean dry cloth over his forehead and clean tissues holding his nose,  Ken lay quietly, waiting for the bleeding to stop.

I,  on the other hand,  fell asleep!!

No comments: