Saturday, January 7, 2012

January 7, 2012. Playa Royale, Mexico. The Four Seasons.

It is captivating.  My friend Wendy told me about this book and she was right to recommend it. The full title is The Four Seasons: A Novel of Vivaldi by Laurel Corona.  it is her first book of fiction but I suspect more will be published as she is a good writer.  I had not noticed when the book was published in 2008.  In fact, Wendy tells me that few people have read it, but I enjoyed it very much.

No wonder Venice fell on hard times.  Their society was ridiculous.   In the book you learn how things were run, and the customs of the day.  And of course, even though the main characters are two sisters, Vivaldi is a large presence in the book.   i wanted to be listening to Vivaldi music when I was reading.  It is one of those books that you  want to know what will happen to these people so you just keep reading until it is over.  Then you want to know what was going to happen next.  It is a good book and I enjoyed it.

No comments: