Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 26, 2012. Playa Royale, Mexico. My Typical Day.

And old friend and retired manager has asked me how I manage my time.  It is a good question because many retired people are so busy they barely have time to breathe.  I am not in that camp.  I don't sew and I don't knit.  Perhaps I will,  but for the moment, I am content with my routine.

Obviously, every place we live has it's own pattern.  Here in Mexico,  our life is quiet, whether or not we have house guests.  My life would not work if I was alone but with Ken as my companion, we enjoy our routine.

Every day I read, sometimes all day and always all morning, while  Ken works on the computer.   Every day we walk or I swim.  And every evening we watch the sunset.  Often we take the trolley to walk across the canal, or we walk to the Hotel to Happy Hour at the bar.  Every so often we watch a part of a hockey game.  Or we read some more.

Late this morning we four walked down to the Hotel, stopping to see the shopping mall and the marina.  Then we took the shuttle to the golf club for lunch.  It is a lovely spot for lunch,  watching the 18th green and enjoying the warm outside air.

Our life here is not dramatic or fancy.  Some folks would say our life is boring, but with  books and computers and I Pads we are busy and happy.  Who could ask for anything more?

No comments: