Friday, January 27, 2012

January 27, 2012. Playa Royale, Mexico. A Busy Life.

One reason I so enjoy and appreciate our quiet life in Mexico is that Ken and I have spent a life  striving and working to achieve our goals.  To do that we were required to be busy.   First we had to  acquire the education to earn the funds to provide the life we wanted to live.  That sound easy but  is not.   Next comes the professional development along with taking care of the family.   Both Ken and I were busy hard working people and have been our whole life.

It is always difficult to balance the need to spend for enhance life now or save for the future, so we spent to keep from being bored and saved as well for our retirement.  But it was not an easy balance to make.

My parents were busy people.  Salvation Army Officers such as my parents are always organizing or managing something important.  I observed their behavior of accepting responsibilities without feeling obliged.  They did their duty and so did we.

I would not want to live my whole life here with no responsibilities but for a few months, it is a welcome respite from our busy life.

No comments: