Thursday, July 2, 2015

July 2, 2015. Western Head, N.S. Summer Systems.

Everything is set for the summer.   Our friends are here now so we are all in our places with sun shining faces.  This afternoon Wendy and Clausen walked over for a few minutes just to say hello, coming on the path from our house to theirs.  And this morning, Gill took me to the hospital to have blood drawn.  There is something very nice about walking over to your good friends, something we have lost in the modern world.

And my medical system seems to be working too.  This morning I registered at the local hospital and had blood drawn.  Then I went to the business office to pay for the service.   The person in charge of the business office is the wife of our shuttle driver.   The lab will fax the results of my blood work to my Oncologist in Texas.   On Monday, I have an appointment with a local GP who has agreed to look after me if I get ill with an infection, so I should be well looked after here in Nova Scotia.  I must say that I was not looking forward to driving to Halifax to see the Oncologists.  Amazing how things work out, one way or another.

Starting Saturday when David and Suzanne and the girls arrive, we will have friends or relatives with us until just before we leave for Texas in September, so I will have help at home. Mary McD. has been doing the grocery shopping for me and Gill has stopped in each day to help.   There is always something I can not do by myself, such as carry the laundry basket up and down stairs.  Now we are set for the summer.  And we will just enjoy our friends and the view!!

No comments: