Saturday, July 4, 2015

July 4, 2015. Western Head, N.S. A Fire by the Shore.

When I look out my bedroom window I see a fire down by the shore.  David made the fire  this afternoon.   Right now our dinner guests have gone.  It is after all after 10:00 which for me is late.    The fire illuminates the shapes and I can hear the individual voices.   Gabe and Randy are by the fire as are David and Suzanne along with the six girls, who are delighted to be together.  They don't get to see each other very often so they are excited.   When you see a fire by the shore you know that David is here.  It is a great spot for a fire.

Tonight was the first night of our caterer and both David and I were pleased.  The food was excellent and nicely served.  The girls helped too to clear the table and serve the dishes.   We both think they will do well.   Walt and Mary came for dinner to welcome our family, along with Wendy and Clausen and Brian and Cathy, a couple unknown to David and Suzanne.  Our evening was lively and fun.  Today we have gathered here in Nova Scotia.  We have already begun to enjoy our selves.

No comments: