Saturday, July 25, 2015

July 25, 2015. Western Head, N.S. My Present Life.

There is no question that I am leading an unusual life.   Fortunately, I have good friends and relatives.  Most of the time I stay at home.  I exercise using the walker up and down the driveway.  When it is raining I walk around the inside of the house to try to keep my legs busy.  Friends stop by to say hello to chat for a few minutes most days and we have Dave and Irene and Doreen and Don staying with us to keep us company but mostly Ken and I stay at home.

What comes as a surprise to me is that I are enjoying our reclusive life.  I read and keep up with the world on the Internet and I have enjoyed the Pan American Games on TV, as well as the Canadian football games.  We are not driving around the province much as my back hurts me after a short time in the car or truck so the cottage is as far as we have travelled.  And we avoid crowds of people,  so events at the Astor Theater are off limits to me.  Party invitations I gracefully decline too in an attempt to stay bacteria free.  My immune system right now is almost non-existent so we keep away from potential infections.  Our system has worked but it leaves us living an odd life but not an unhappy one.  Slowing down and staying in place is unusual for me but  much to my surprise, I am enjoying it.

No comments: