Tuesday, July 21, 2015

July 21, 2015. Western Head, N.S. Update on My Health.

Doreen and Don both say I look much better than I looked in Mexico.  Ken says I look better too.  I am no longer loosing weight.  My hair has begun to grow.   Our system for monitoring my blood counts seems to be working.   The real question is the one we do not know yet which is whether the Ibrance chemotherapy I am taking is keeping my breast cancer at bay.   We will not know until we get more scans and this will not be done until we are in Texas or Mississippi.   For now I am content to take my medicine,  try to avoid infections and keep from being over tired.

On the good side, I sleep well and have a good appetite.   And I have energy.   But I am far from normal.   I walk with the walker and can walk for 15 minutes at a time.  Doreen and Irene help at home the things I can not do myself, such as carry the laundry basket up or down the stairs.   We invite friends to dinner.  Tonight Gill, Mary and Walt joined us for dinner and I am able to enjoy the evening.

My hair is coming in neither red nor curly.  I hoped for both.   Salt and pepper seems to be the color although I have only one half inch of hair.   And it looks to be coming in straight.   That is the present state of my health as best as I can tell.

No comments: