Friday, July 3, 2015

July 3, 2015. Western Head, N.S. Forgetting.

I searched everywhere.   After looking everyplace on the main floor, I was forced to go back up the stairs to our bedroom.  Surely my glasses were there.  But I could not find them.   My glasses are really only necessary when I drive and as I was just about to drive to the bank in town I needed my glasses, but they were no place to be found.    For years I wore no glasses as I had perfect vision after my surgery but several weeks ago my vision deteriorated, probably due to the chemotherapy, so now I must wear glasses.   I take them off for reading and if the print is small, I use reading glasses.  I have gotten in the habit of taking my glasses off and setting them on the adjacent table.  Of course, I forget where I leave them.

Yesterday, I was forced to drive into town without my glasses.   As I tried to recall when I last wore them, I was fearful that I had left them at the cottage, which would have meant another drive.    And I was irritated.  I hate forgetting where I left my glasses.  Usually I can recall immediately where I was last reading, so left my glasses beside that chair.  But not yesterday.   Last evening, when writing my wee web log, my glasses appeared on the desk at the back where there is no light.  The night before, I did what I just did tonight, which was to remove my glasses.  Unfortunately, I moved them to the back of the desk.  Tonight I placed my glasses on a sheet of paper which makes them easy for me to spot.  I really do hate forgetting my glasses.  Makes me feel very old!!

No comments: