Wednesday, November 11, 2015

November 11, 2015. Madison, Ms. Unexpected Events.

The unexpected event was delightful.  Yesterday, on the way home from seeing the Oncologist, I drove a different way, just to show Doreen another part of Jackson.  My path took me up State Street, then through Fondren, a funky little section of town much beloved by the locals.  On my right side I spotted a new restaurant, plus a parking lot and a sign that said Thai food.  It was just past noon so I quickly turned into the lot and found a handicapped spot right at the door.   The new restaurant was wonderful with excellent service and tasty food.  Doreen and I enjoyed our Pad Thai and took lunch home to the men.  We did not expect to eat lunch at this fine restaurant but we both we pleased with our decision.

Today after lunch, I called Christina to see if it would be possible for all five of us to have a pedicure when the girls finished school.   She thought it sounded delightful so within five minutes, she called to say that we had an appointment at 3:30.   When Doreen and Don arrived home from shopping, I told Doreen the good news.   And when Christina picked up both girls they hooted with glee.  For Doreen, todays pedicure was the second in her life, which was the same for Molly.  The difference is that Molly will soon be 8 while Doreen is 80.   We all five sat in a row enjoying the luxury of being pampered and knowing that it was a lovely surprise.

We have just experienced two unexpected events, both of which turned into pleasures.  We are definitely on a roll.

No comments: