Friday, November 20, 2015

November 20, 2015. Madison, Ms. Television.

You must look hard but if you do, you may be rewarded.   This evening, Ken and I watched a program about the making of musical instruments in the United States.  It was called Craft making Instruments, or something like that.   Right in our midst we have talented people making beautiful instruments by hand.  We heard the steps to making a banjo and why one banjo sounds different from another.  And we watched the parts of a timpani being assembled, including the varieties of the sticks.  Fascinating.  Finally, we saw the building of a guitar.  This short program was excellent.

A couple of days ago I spotted a program called Culinary Travel.  I had neither heard nor seen it before but that day  it turned out to be about traveling and eating in winter in the Muskoka Lake area in Ontario.   Now the next time I go to the area I will know about all the good places to dine and where to eat ice cream.  As I know the area well I had fun recalling the towns and the Inns and Lodges.

Ken has made our favorite channels into the categories so when I am too weary to read or work, I am able to find interesting material on the TV.   I am surprised that a half hour here and a half hour there brings me great pleasure.

No comments: