Sunday, November 29, 2015

November 29, 2015. Madison, Ms. Treasures.

Yesterday Ken found boxes under our bottom deck.  I had never even gone down to that outside level and Ken had never looked at the back of the deck.  This afternoon, John and Greta Barbour and their three children came over for a cup of tea and a goodie so while they were here, Ken asked if John could pull the boxes out and inspect them.

The boxes were full of silver and pottery.  John brought them into the garage.  Most of the silver seems to be sterling but badly tarnished.  Tomorrow I will call Susan our real estate agent who will contact the seller.  The objects do not belong to me but I am wondering why they were left outside in boxes under a deck.    I might never know.  If the former owner wants the stuff they are welcome to come and get  them.  I do not need more goodies even if they turn out to be treasures.  It was fun finding these treasures hidden in our new home, but if the seller does not want them I will be forced to sort the stuff and evaluate them carefully.   No reason to be stupid even though I don't want them.

No comments: