Wednesday, November 25, 2015

November 25, 2015. Madison, Ms. Primos.

There was an element you feel on Christmas Eve where everyone is happy, just waiting for the big day to arrive.   I walked into Primos this afternoon to see at least ten people behind the counter waiting to be helpful, all primed to go home at 5:00.  I was at Primos to pick up my holiday feast.  It was 3:00, the time the food had been ordered.   The place was a buzz of activity.  Much to my surprise, everything was in order and efficient.  There was no waiting.

A lady checked the computer and handed a ticket to a young man, who walked into the kitchen and returned in one minute with a big box full of my food.  I asked if it was heavy and he said it was.  But he also told me he would carry the box to the car for me, which I appreciated.  All the people seemed delighted picking up their food.   The spirit of the season prevailed.  I noticed that many folks were picking up just deserts and left with 6 pies.  Another man carried out just a turkey.  The thing that impressed me was how many people were there picking up food.  I was only there for 5 or 10 minutes but I saw a lot of people coming and going.  And they all looked happy, especially me.  No cooking for me tomorrow.

No comments: