Thursday, November 26, 2015

November 26, 2015. Madison, Ms. Thanksgiving.

Soon I will turn 78.  December 6 is my birthday.  I am thankful to become 78.  My sister died when she was 77.  I am two and a half years her junior and after she died at age 77, and I turned 75 that same year, I joked that I was in good health at 75, but I would need to watch out when I was 77.  I thought it was funny.   Little did I know that without modern medicine and many prayers and healing hugs from family and friends that I might not be here to turn 78.  So Thanksgiving 2015 was a special day.

I was able to do everything I enjoy on Thanksgiving Day.  The Macy's parade was spectacular.  I went for a walk with Ken in our neighborhood as the day was 70 and sunny.  The family came for dinner in the middle of the afternoon.  I talked to son David and brother David on the phone.   And I got to watch football on TV.  Turkey and football is a winning combination.  And soon I will be 78 where I will have another thanksgiving day.  Giving thanks is a wonderful thing.

No comments: