Friday, November 27, 2015

November 27, 2015. Madison, Ms. Christmas.

Now we set our sights on Christmas.    Our habit is always to put up Christmas decorations right after Thanksgiving.  But of course I gave most of my decorations away several years ago so I have very little to decorate the house with.  Last year I could not begin to open the few boxes I had at the condo but this year I will get them out and set them around the house.   They might look ridiculous but I will use them anyway.   For a well decorated home I will visit Christina.  I certainly will not purchase more decorations.

I am organized for Christmas this year.  The gifts for the Texas family was left with Suzanne ready to be brought out on Christmas morning.  I still have shopping for the girls here in Mississippi.  Christina's gifts are ready.  For years, Patty, who lives in Vermont, has made wreaths for me, and sent them as gifts to friends and relatives, except not in Canada.  Every year I have expanded my list.  Unfortunately, Patty omitted to send a gift card with the wreath, so only some will know the wreath has come from us.  I guess I will e mail to tell of the wreath's arrival.  Usually, Patty sends them right after Thanksgiving.  I send one to myself too and mine arrived today, and looks lovely on our front door.

Last year I sent no Christmas cards but this year I am ready to get down to business and send them out. For the first time ever we are sending a card with a picture of Ken and me on the front.  We could not find a card specific for Mississippi so instead Christina took a picture of us standing on our deck with our backs to the lake.  And it says "Merry Christmas Y'All".   We are almost ready for Christmas.

No comments: