Wednesday, May 16, 2018

May 16, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Clean Eyeglasses.

Very morning when I was a kid my Mother cleaned my glasses. I would walk into the kitchen for breakfast, remove my glasses and put them on the table. I ate breakfast while Mother cleaned my glasses. Since I started wearing glasses at age 8 and got married at age 20, my Mother cleaned my glasses many many times. No one has ever cleaned my glasses since I left home. Now every morning when I clean my own glasses, I think of my Mother and wish she was still with us. Cleaning my glasses every day was a kind, helpful act. When Kenny and Anne visited us this winter in Mexico, they helped us in hundreds of ways. But one thing I noted was that Anne cleaned Ken's glasses every time she visited him in the hospital. The first time they visited Ken, Anne noticed Ken's glasses and cleaned them immediately. She continued throughout their visit. Once she mentioned to me that clean eyeglasses were important to her so she quickly noted Ken's glasses. No one else noticed including me but Anne looked after his glasses throughout her visit. Again, cleaning Ken's glasses every day was a kind, helpful act for Ken and both Ken and I were grateful. Both Kenny and Anne did the large helpful tasks but they also did the small important actions too. Nothing better than wearing clean glasses.

No comments: