Tuesday, May 22, 2018

May 22, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Free Parking.

When I have an appointment, I contact the lady who owns the company who provides helpers for Ken. She finds a helper to drive me and stay with me and brings me home. The system works well for me. Today I had two appointments: one at 8:30 with the Oncologist and one at 12:30 with the eye doctor. The appointments were in the same general area so I decided to have us go out for breakfast in between appointments. The lady driving me was a delight. Everything went well but the best part was the parking. After the first appointment we drove to Fondren, a funky section of Jackson know to have lots of restaurants. We drove past a place that appeared to be a restaurant so we drove into their back parking lot. But when we went in we discovered it was a gift store. I promised them that if they would allow us to stay in their parking lot, I would buy a gift for my granddaughter for graduation. They agreed. And we walked down the street to a coffee shop, the one they told us about. The helper and I found the delightful Swedish coffee shop full of wonderful , tasty food. We ate like Queens and our conversation was lively. First we ate breakfast food, followed by ice cream. She has 4 children and every family member lives in Jackson. Back in the gift store, I bought a gift for Mary Frances even though I already had her gift. But the free parking was worth it. And MF will enjoy her gift. Some days, everything works out well.

No comments: