Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May 1, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Work Habits.

Today was my sister Carol's birthday. Born in 1935, she would be 83 today. We would love her to be 83. She was a wonderful sister to me and I miss her. The new cleaning service sent another lady to clean. Elizabeth was the best house cleaner I have ever had. Everything was moved and dusted and the carpets were vacuumed and moved from their place. Today I was at home observing the new cleaning lady. Elizabeth would be horrified. Sandy was her name. I watched her polishing the dining table. She actually did not move the crystal bowl from the center of the table. And no rugs were moved. The kitchen trash was taken to the garage after I took her to the garage and showed her the different cans but she never did remove the small trash containers scattered around the house. After she left, I gathered them up and took the trash to the garage. It is not my job. Sandy works full time at one of the hospitals in town, helping in the orthopedic ward. It took her three years to be certified but now she is a nurse assistant. She cleans just to be helpful she said. Now I have to decide whether or not I should point out her deficiencies to Beverley, the lady who owns the company. Maybe she could just read my little blog. Sandy was a nice lady and my house was cleaned...kind of. I have had many different people cleaning my house. I have loved them all, even when their work habits were not up to standard. In Nova Scotia, Stephanie cleaned our house in 2 hours. And she thought the house was clean. I was just happy to have the kitchen and bathrooms washed so I never complained. Tammy at the farm was a the wife of a farmer so busy. She would bring one or two of the children along to clean the house and be done in less than an hour. Again, I was happy the house got cleaned. I certainly never complained. But in my heart of hearts, I appreciate good work habits. I already miss Elizabeth and her good patterns. Also my sister Carol. She had the best work habits of anyone I knew. She was a worker bee.

No comments: