Tuesday, May 8, 2018

May 8, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Horses.

I know nothing about horses. But I know that in some respects, I am like a horse. Maybe it is a myth, but rumor has it that horses run faster on the way home. I do the same. When I go for a walk by myself, I walk a same route so if I do not come back in a timely period, someone could come and find me. Just this week, I have discovered that when I turn around and begin the walk home, I walk faster. I am just like the horses, keen to get home. Perhaps I only do this when walking myself. When I am walking with a friend, I pay no attention. But when I am by myself, I want to get home as quickly as possible. Perhaps it is anxiety. The further away I get from home the more anxious I get so when I head for home I pick up speed. I do not feel anxious but what else could it be. Until recently, I paid no attention but now it is obvious. I walk faster on the way home. I am just like a horse.

No comments: