Friday, March 11, 2011

March 11, 2011. Bristol, Va. Traveling.

It is a busy highway, but it is still a pretty drive.  We have enjoyed it before and it never fails to please.  Highway 81 is full of trucks but it runs through lovely farmland, right through the valley, with mountains on both sides.  With Vinal pulling a trailer and the winds high, we were forced to reduce our speed, thus enjoyed more of the scenery.   It seemed that all traffic was driving slower too, perhaps due to the high cost of gas.  Our trip so far was uneventful.  With cell phones in each car, and the trailer very visible over the car,   we had no problem keeping track of each other.

It is still difficult to realize how much has been accomplished in only one week.  Last Thursday evening we arrived at the Hill House that was jam packed with boxes.  Every closet  was stuffed full of clothes, all of course, hanging in the wrong closet.  If I thought about it for long, I could have gotten discouraged, but I keep my focus on the one task that I was working on right then, and kept on going until I had completed the task, before going onto another job.  I could tell I was over tired when I caught myself going from one task to the next, but never completing anything.  That was when I went to bed.

But I will tell you, that I slept well only after both the truck and trailer were loaded.  Until then, my to-do list kept going through my mind during the night.  Soon we will be in Mississippi, but we will enjoy the travel from here to there.

No comments: