Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 23, 2011. Jackson, MS. Clean Sheets.

I have always loved getting into bed with fresh clean sheets.  Last evening, I laundered the bedding, so after making the bed, I had the luxury of getting into a freshly made bed.  I do not know why this pleases me so much.  It is,  after all, something you do every week.  But I know that I just love getting into a freshly made bed.

Perhaps it comes from the memory of the sheets hung out to dry by my Mother, where the sheets had a special clean smell right from the out of doors.   My Mother knew even when I was a child that I loved clean sheets, so she would tell me ahead and I would jump into bed early and read in the fresh clean sheets.  Often she forgot to tell me, and I would be late into bed only to complain that she didn't tell me about the clean sheets.

This is one of those simple things in life that bring pleasure.  Who would ever think it?

No comments: