Saturday, March 5, 2011

March 5th, 2011. Artemas, Pa. Organization.

It is so difficult to keep focused on only one task.  Every time you turn your head, more objects need attention, so you catch yourself going from one task to the next but never completing anything.  It especially seems so when we have object piled up in one bedroom for Mississippi and another stash ready for Texas in another bedroom, so it seems that we are staying in a mess, when really we have made great progress.  Both Ken and I are working on the computers at our own desks.  My desk is much more tidy because I have yet not found half of the contents of my old desk, which is going to Mississippi.  I am working at what is now, 'My Desk" when really it used to be Ken's, given to him by his Mother when he went to college.  I like it.

We are making real progress.  All the boxes from the main floor have been put to bed.  Now I must complete the organization of our clothes.  And Ken tends to leave four or five objects in a box, so the lower level still needs attention by him.  But he has opened and read all the mail and partially set up his desk.  It's a new one to him so putting things away requires constant thought.  This desk and credenza used to be Freddie so it is fun using Fred's desk.

We have too many objects and too many paintings and too many pictures.  And I have too many clothes.  Gill complained last summer that she was sick of looking at our clothes, so this year I will take more and different clothes to Nova Scotia.  I certainly don't have space here at the farm!!

No comments: