Friday, October 17, 2014

October 17, 2014. Harper, Texas. Facebook.

When I retired, Ken signed us both up with a Facebook account. It lasted two weeks, then he cancelled Facebook for himself. Four years later, I still have my page and receive messages every day from my Facebook friends. But probably not for long. Ken disapproves of putting pictures and information about yourself on the Internet. Although only your own friends are supposed to be able to access your information, in real life, Ken knows that clever people can get at your information. Until now, it has not been a problem. Yesterday, someone hacked into my account and contacted lots of my friends. Fortunately, my friends were able to figure it out and let me know, but not before this person was advocating investments and sending money. For a time, there were two F.Ruth Dickie Facebook pages. But I think it has gone away, thanks to so many folks complaining. I am stupid with Facebook and computers. Yesterday, when my friend Maureen told me to change my password immediately, I could not even recall my password, let alone figure out how to change it. My blog mentor, Sarah T., sent me direction in an article telling me what to do to get rid of the impostor, but I could not even access the proper screen. I was hopeless. Then the Internet went down for repairs so I was really lost. Now I think I should cancel my Facebook association. The only problem is that I don't know how to do it. Where is Regina when I need her??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm Right here Ruth, when ever you need me. I am with Ken, I will not do facebook to much personal information given out for me. Love & Miss You Reggie.