Sunday, October 19, 2014

October 19, 2014. Harper, Texas. Carpets.

Some things I do make me look nuts. This afternoon, I loaded 8 Persian rugs into the back of the truck. The rugs had been on the floor of our Top House, piled one on top of the other at each end of the dining table. But Joyce and Robbie were coming for supper so the rugs needed to be moved. Ken had already tripped. The carpets had travelled from the farm in the back of the truck. Rather than put the rugs into storage, I decided to keep them with us. Rita and Wendy rolled the carpets and Joe loaded them onto the truck. The belongings going to Mississippi were packed onto the back seat, while the goods for Texas were in the back of the truck. It was impossible to get at the rugs when we got to Mississippi, even though some of them were to stay. When we got to Texas, the girls unloaded some of the carpets. Several were to be used in David and Suzanne's home. The rest stayed in the truck but I did not wish to keep the rugs rolled up all summer in a hot truck so I unloaded the carpets myself and put them on the floor of the Top House. Now these rugs will travel back to Mississippi with us. When we arrive, I will ask Kate and Mary Frances to bring the carpets into our small condo, where I will once again stack them on the floor. If, as and well the farm is sold and we purchase a larger home, the carpets will be transferred by the moving company. I am not moving those rugs again!!

No comments: