Tuesday, October 21, 2014

October 21, 2014. Harper, Texas. The World Series.

Finally, the World Series began tonight. The thrill of another series has been diminished for me because I did not want the Giants to play in yet another World Series. Kansas City playing is good but I will be upset if the Giants win and become champions. And we even have a television at our home so I can watch the games. Unfortunately, we drive to the lake on Thursday where we have no TV. We can't visit David and Suzanne every day so I bet I will miss some games. Such a life I lead. There is something nostalgic for me watching the World Series. It does not really make much sense because I never watch baseball though out the regular season but at Series time I am reminded of my 7th and 8th grade classes at Edith Cavell School in Vancouver. And I recall my Father's interest in The World Series. It was a happy time and I suspect that watching the series brings back those days. For whatever reasons, I am ready to watch some baseball!!

No comments: