Sunday, October 26, 2014

October 26, 2014. Canyon Lake, Texas. Pleural Effusion.

Well who knew? Not Ken and not me. The good doctor in Fredericksburg along with the chest Xray decided that I have Pleural Effusion, which means fluid in the chest. We all have a bit but I have a lot. Next week they will perform a Thoracentesis which is a fancy word that means sticking a needle into my chest to withdraw the fluid. Next will be the biopsy of the fluid to try to figure out what on earth is causing the fluid in my chest. Normally, I ignore ill health and take Iboprofen and water until I feel better, but my cough was persisting. And I was short of breath. When I walked upstairs at the Top House I was forced to sit down to catch my breath, so I knew that something was not right. And I was not getting any better. I must be off blood thinner for five days before the procedure can be done, which means late this week. David and Suzanne are installing TV at the lake for us. The last time we were here for an extended time was when I went loopy. They ordered TV for me that time too. David thinks we may be in for a long siege but I hope not. The moral of the story is that you just never know what is just around the corner!!

No comments: