Thursday, October 23, 2014

October 23, 2014. Canyon Lake, Texas. The New Doctor.

I am sure he is not yet 20, but after all, he has completed College, Medical school and Internal Medicine Residency, which totals 11 years. If you assume graduation from high school at 18, he must be at least 29 nine. To me he looks to be 20. I liked him. He is serious and efficient and he listened to my symptoms carefully. He did not tell me that I looked well. Because I have rosy checks, most doctors think I am perfectly fine. He did everything right. He ordered blood work and a chest x ray. He set up a pulmonary function chest. And he listened to my chest. My allergies are out of control so he prescribed medications. He suspects from listening that I have fluid in my chest. The radiologist said the same thing. Evidently, this shortness of breath is not lack of conditioning. The Medical community in Fredericksburg is excellent. Except for the pulmonary function test, everything was completed this morning and I was home at the ranch by 12:30. We are delighted to have found an excellent young doctor at the Fredericksburg Clinic. Not only is he competent and efficient but he did not waste a minute in small talk. Some days you just get lucky.

No comments: