Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27, 2014. Canyon Lake, Texas. Birthday Dinner.

Sarah's birthday has stretched out for 12 days and she has enjoyed every celebration. Last evening was the last event, where the family gathered to dine on hamburgers and salad, followed by two birthday cakes. Of course, we sang Happy Birthday. One cake was fancy, with fruit and cream while the other was plain American cheese cake. All eight of us had a piece of each cakes with enough left over for another meal. Sarah is 17 years old. It has been such fun watching her grow up. Right now, she is ready to take charge of her life. Starting in the summer, they will visit colleges. She does not want to attend college in Texas and she is determined to make the list of school visits be hers. Right now, she told me that she is too busy trying to get good grades to think about school visits. And I could not interest her in studying in Canada. I brought her a set of worry beads from Nova Scotia which she keeps in her backpack. I certainly do not want my wonderful Sarah worrying, even though this is a tough age not to worry. Sarah is 17 and energetic and enthusiastic. As the grandmother, I can say that Sarah is a pleasure to be with. I was delighted to be a part of her birthday celebrations.

No comments: