Sunday, September 13, 2015

September 13, 2015. Fredericksburg, Texas. Our favorite motel.

When I checked into our favorite small motel, the young lady reminded me that check out was 11:00, but if we needed to stay later just let them know.   And that is why we keep coming back.  They are nice to us.

Tomorrow I have two doctor appointments, so to avoid a rush in the morning, we have come into Fredericksburg today.   The day was lovely for a drive so we left at 2:00 and with Ken doing the driving, we ambled our way into town.   The town was busy with the place full of shoppers and tourists but we came straight to the motel for a nap and to watch football.

Feeling lazy, we ordered pizza and a salad delivered to the room so we have been wearing our night shirts all afternoon and lazing around the room, reading and watching Baltimore lose their game.

Tomorrow I see the eye doctor first thing in the morning.   He was very upset with my eyes the last time so we will see what he thinks about me now.    The chemotherapy is effecting my glaucoma. And he thinks I need surgery but my immune system and platelets will not allow it, so we must muddle through.   Then in the afternoon I see the oncologist, the one who thought I was putting myself at risk to go to Canada where no oncologist would treat me.   But I will be interested to see what he says now.   Most people think I look much better .    And the system he developed has worked well.   So all is well...maybe.

Odd that I enjoy staying in a motel room.   But here we are, happy as clams in Fredericksburg.

No comments: