Tuesday, September 29, 2015

September 29, 2015. Harper, Texas. Gloria.

Gloria is so clever at making homes look better.    Our Franklin Street House was a wonderful house.  Gloria set the furniture in place and hung the pictures and it was a perfect place to live and to entertain.  But when we got ready to sell the house, Gloria came over and spent the day making the house right for prospective purchasers.  The house sold the next weekend even though the arrangement of the furniture was impossible  But it looked pretty so the house sold.  It also helped with our separation from the house.   Gloria has a part of her brain that works well but in my brain does not exist.   Perhaps it had something to do with my Salvation Army upbringing.  I have known Gloria for over 40 years and have admired her talent all those years.  And I have been the beneficiary of her efforts in my various homes.  She fixes our homes so they look good but not fancy.

Right now, she and Gary are at our new home in Mississippi.  I would love to be a fly on the wall as she organizes our stuff.  Her task is to acquire furniture for the living room, plus a sofa bed for Ken's office.  She will also fill in pieces we were lacking.  The guest room, "Wendy's Room",  is short a bed side table and comfortable chairs.   Her judgement is good and her taste is better than mine so I am comfortable giving her carte blanche.  I feel sure she will set pictures around on the shelves, along with our collection of crystal and small boxes.  Ken and I will have a major surprise when we arrive on October 19.   I can't wait to see the finished product.  Ken and I appreciate her coming to lend her expertise and her time.  And I hope she is enjoying our new house too.  Hats off to Gloria and Gary.



No comments: