Wednesday, September 9, 2015

September 9, 2015. Newark, N.J. Our New System.

Our system works well for us.  In fact, we actually enjoy ourselves.  When we must take two flights to our destination, we stay overnight at a airport hotel and take the second flight the next day.  That is why we are staying in the Airport Marriott Hotel in Newark.  I don't know why, but I always enjoy a night or two at a nice hotel.  For some reason, I feel as if I am totally off duty, which is interesting because I don't do much at home anymore.  But here at this lovely hotel, I read and watch TV and do nothing else except of course, talk to Ken.

Our room is on the 10th floor, which is on the Concierge Level.  Just down the hall is a lounge serving hors d'oeuvres from 5 to 7, breakfast from 6:30 to 10 and water, sodas and fruit all day long.  We just walk down the hall to eat and the food provided is ample for us old folks.

Our last night in Liverpool was a delight too.  Walt picked us up to have dinner with them at their lovely home.    He thought I would want to put the truck in the garage before dark and he was right.   Mary cooked her usual wonderful dinner;  tonight was pasta with shrimp and peas.   We are fortunate with our good friends.   They are not only kind and loving but also are good cooks.  Our last supper prepared us up for our journey to Texas.

The flight has been changed.  We now arrive after 9:00 pm which is why I am doing my wee blog now.  By the time we get to David and Suzanne and visit with the girls for a bit, I will be bleary.   At the moment, I am enjoying the planes arrive and leave right out our big window.  Our new system is a good one.

No comments: