Monday, September 21, 2015

September 21, 2015. Harper, Texas. Baseball & Football

Watching College football is always such a lark.  You never know what will happen next.  Ian commented this summer that the football games he enjoys the most are the college games so I started to pay closer attention to the games to figure out what is so appealing to him.  Saturday evening I watched four college football games, switching from one channel to another at every commercial.  I had a blast.  Fortunately I was by myself.  Ken had gone upstairs to the computer after dinner so I had the clicker to myself.  I enjoyed all games but the oddest things happen.  The poor kicker for Texas.  He missed the point after to tie the game so they lost.  But Stanford won, beating USC.  And all the other Texas teams won.  Mississippi beat Alabama.  Joy reigns.

There are about two weeks before the playoffs in baseball so every game is important to those teams trying to be the wild card.  I enjoy watching baseball.  The players are skillful in many different ways that it is a pleasure to see them play.  But I especially enjoy the games during the playoffs and to the lead up to the playoffs.  Tonight there was great tension in the game between the Yankees and the Blue Jays, because the Jays are 3.5 games ahead of the Yankees in their division  so the game was important.  Fortunately, the Toronto team won.  And the Nationals are in the race too.  I never watch baseball games during the regular season, except when Don was watching the Blue Jays in Nova Scotia.  But during the playoffs, I watch every game and drive Ken nuts.  He played little softball while I played all through junior high,  high school and Teacher's College.  And when I taught physical education in Toronto, I always coached the softball team, so I know the ins and outs of baseball and the skills that are required.  I will be in hog heaven for the next month watching both baseball and football.

No comments: