Monday, September 14, 2015

September 14, 2015. Harper, Texas. Doctor Visits.

The eye doctor was not pleased.  "The pressure in your eyes are too high to tolerate", says he.  Despite my best efforts with the drops, the glaucoma is getting worse.  Surgery is not an option due to my immune system but he suggests laser surgery.  I had it done 7 years ago and now we will try it again.  I have an appointment with a laser man in Kerrville.

On the other hand, the oncologist was delighted with me.  He thought I looked spectacularly well.  He is the one who thought that I was putting myself at risk by going to Canada where no oncologist would follow my treatment.  But he figured out a solution.  He agrees now that the whole process was a success and his system worked to perfection.  He received the blood work from the Liverpool Hospital  within 24 or 48 hours of when the blood was drawn.  And he said that my blood continued to improve. He is pleased with my figures today.  The white cells are close to being within the normal range while my platelets are normal.   The red cells are still very low.

He suggested that the next scans be done in Mississippi as he said there is value in comparing the old from the new.  Until we have scans, we will not know whether or not the cancer in the bones is growing or decreasing.  Today there was no fluid in my chest.  But from the way I look, he thinks the new chemotherapy, Ibrance is working.   He said that I look much better than the first time I saw him in May.

Hats off to kindly friends and family, good food, and sea air.  And you can never discount the value of a happy heart!!

No comments: