Thursday, September 3, 2015

September 3, 2015. Western Head, N.S. Temperature.

The other day in town I overheard two men discussing the weather.  One man said to the other, "It is so hot and humid in town that I can not stay here any more.  I must go home to Western Head."  I smiled to myself.  The temperature in the town of Liverpool was 78 degrees.  Today has been the warmest day of the year.  Even sitting on the deck looking out at sea was warm, even though the breeze kept us comfortable.   The temperature might have gotten to 80 today, which in Nova Scotia is very hot.

A comfortable temperature is relative.   Ian swelters at 75 and really does not enjoy hot weather.  He especially hates high humidity.   But he thrives on cold, having worked  and survived in the arctic.   On the other hand, he enjoyed the Mexican temperatures of 75 and 80, especially when by the Pacific.

Right now in San Antonio the temperature is 99.  Fortunately, the weather will cool before we arrive.  But if it is very hot, I will just stay indoors in the air-conditioned house.  Both Ken and I have gotten used to hot weather and we really don't much enjoy very cold or very hot weather..   Today was the first day when I left off wearing my cool socks.  I have gotten used to the chilly air!!

No comments: