Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September 2, 2015. Western Head, N.S. Bit By Bit.

As I get older, I have noticed that I must deal with tasks bit by bit.  My habit of planning ahead has stood me in good stead.   While Rita and Ian were still here they helped me move the tables in the garage into their winter position.   Now the garage is ready to bring in the truck just before we leave.  The chairs are also stacked so the garage is ready for winter.

I moved the frozen food still left in the freezer into the garage refrigerator, so it is now unplugged.  Rita wiped the freezer down.  Today I moved the frozen food from the garage refrigerator into the freezer in the main house, so I unplugged that garage fridge too.   For the past few weeks, we have not bought anything at the store.  Instead we used up the frozen food in our own house.  The only things left in the garage fridge itself were a few bottles of beer and four bottles of white wine, which I have moved over to the wine storage shelves.

This afternoon, Walt went and unplugged the fridge in the guest house and he locked the door.  The deck furniture must come indoors from both the guest house and the main house.  I should have attended to the guest house deck furniture before now, but I forgot about it.  We are still using the furniture from the deck of our house so it must stay in place for the moment.  But I have discovered that if I do things bit by bit, I can get the tasks accomplished.    We must make one more trip to the cottage to bring back the bedding and towels.  Then we can fly to Texas, bit by bit.

No comments: