Friday, September 25, 2015

September 25, 2015. Harper, Texas. Our Life.

Ken and I live an odd life.   But it is a pleasant one.   This afternoon, we both went out to get some exercise.  In the past, we might play tennis or walk a few miles or work out at the gym, but not now.  Ken drove the Gator to the ranch house and walked around the circle and checked on the water tank.  He also turned on the windmill which is not an easy task these days.    Then he drove the Gator up the hill to have dinner.

I went outside to walk.  I walk beside the fence in the Top House.  Walking on the road in the walker is difficult due to the stones,  so I stay close to the railing and walk around and around the yard for 15 minutes.   If I lose my balance I just grab the railing.  So far I have not been required to use it which makes me think I might walk on the road without the walker.  Perhaps tomorrow I can ask David to walk with me.  No point in Ken and I walking together.  If I grab for Ken to catch my balance we would both go down in a heap on the ground which would not be good.  So we are cautious.

The rest of the day we worked in the house, Ken on the new computer and me reading.  All day we stayed at home, seeing no one else than each other.  And we talked.  Our life is certainly different from anything we have ever experienced in the past, but it suits us just fine right now!!

No comments: