Sunday, September 20, 2015

September 20. 2015. Harper, Texas. The New Phone.

After Ken thought he lost his phone, he ordered a new one on the internet.  We knew he would buy an iPhone because it is easy to sinc all the other Apple things together.  His old phone did not have that capability because it was not an Apple product.  We had seen Walts new phone which was the bigger size phone called the 6 so Ken ordered one.  It was waiting at the post office in Harper the day after we arrived.  Ken spend time setting it up especially as the phone came with no instructions.  Ken was successful.   He could make out going phone calls.  And I was happy too.

He switched his service to AT&T because the Verizon service at the ranch is terrible.  Some times I can make a call and some times I can not and the signal is so weak my phone never rings.  The caller goes directly to voice mail which I am not able to pick up.  The AT&T service is much better here so he switched.  He was assured on line that the change over would be handled by them.  But after several days when his phone never rang I knew something was the matter so I finally called AT&T.  After an hour on the phone, the problem was fixed.  The technical folks at AT&T were polite and helpful but holding onto the phone is not easy.  The Verizon folks had not released his old phone so any call to him was going to his old phone.   Christina warned us that we would need a few phone calls to get everything straight and she was right.  Dealing with technical issues is time consuming.

Now all is in order.  Anyone calling Ken will actually be able to reach him on the phone and I use his phone to use outgoing calls.  Now he thinks we should switch my system to AT&T too.  I suspect he prefers to use my own device!!

No comments: