Friday, August 12, 2016

August 12, 2016. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Fog.

Every day begins the same way.  When I look out my bedroom window,  I see only fog.  I can not even see the ocean, even though I can hear it.  Usually we have fog in June and early July but right now we have fog in the morning.  Wendy is happy to see the fog.  She feels that the fog provides an additional element of mystery to life, which of course is true because you can not see anything.  I like the fog too, especially when the sun burns off the fog by noon.  By 9:00 in the evening, the fog comes in again.  You can watch it coming from the sea.   Well out at sea, you can see the fog bank just sitting on the horizon.  As the evening cools, in comes the fog and blows right past the house.  Soon we can not even see Gill's house across the bay.

Last night we wanted to see the meteor showers but we were doomed.  First the sky was cloudy but soon the fog was so thick you could not see anything, let alone the stars and the heavens.  Evidently the very hot daytime temperatures along with the cool nights are creating the fog.  But even though I can not see the ocean, I can still hear the waves.  The fog is not totally altered our lives.

No comments: