Saturday, August 6, 2016

August 6, 2016. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Olympics.

Just how much can one watch of the Olympics before you get brain dead?  I might find out.  I am in hog heaven.   I might get an overdose of the Olympics soon and I have only been watching for a day and a half.  Last evening I watched the whole opening ceremony right to the lighting of the torch.  One problem with being in Nova Scotia is the time zone.   The last dog is hung very late here.

My situation is almost ideal.  We are in Canada so we can watch the Canadian and American channels.   I have lots of options.  And several Canadian channels show Olympics all day long, beginning at 7:00am.   We have no house guests and I have nothing to do.  Our television room is small.  For the last two Olympics we had guests so our TV room was full so I never watched as much of the Olympics as I wanted.  Not this year.   I have the room to myself and the clicker too.  I even watched a men's field hockey game!!  In addition, I watched tennis, beach volleyball, men's gymnastics, women's rugby, women's soccer, regular volleyball, rowing and swimming.  I loved every minute.  And today was just the first day of the competition.

The only thing better would to be in Vancouver on Pacific time where I could go to bed earlier.  I am not complaining.  I will enjoy the 2016 Olympics.

No comments: