Monday, August 15, 2016

August 15, 2016. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Olympics.

This is the first time in my life that I have been able to watch as much Olympics as I wished on TV.  We have no house guests and no children visiting us.  I am not working nor am I involved in regular activities, so I am able to watch TV all day and all evening.   Ken thinks I am nuts.   I am sure it is not good for me be sitting so much but I am enjoying the competition.

Watching the Rugby 7 final between Britain and Fiji was lots of fun.  I had never heard of Rugby7 until this Olympics but I enjoyed watching a bit of some games.   Early on, I saw the Fiji 7 team trounce the New Zealand All Blacks and sure enough, the Fiji team went on to win the gold, which was the only medal ever won by Fiji for all time.  All shops shut down in Fiji during the game.

Of course, I switch channels all the time.  Fortunately we have multiple channels so I never watch a commercial and I never watch a whole game.  I switch around, keeping track of lots of contests.  Today I even saw field hockey and fencing and badminton.  It certainly was not the same badminton I played in high school.

But I must admit that I am almost at the end of my sitting.  Even a good thing can be too much.

No comments: