Monday, August 29, 2016

August 29, 2016. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Walking.

I like to walk with a friend.  Ken and I walked long distances together but he only likes to walk if we are going somewhere.  He does not like to walk the same route time after time just to get some exercise.  He does walk up and down our driveway with his walker but he never ventures out on the road.  I am a bit nervous walking on the road by myself so I limit my walking around the house.  Once I walked to the Mitchells home and that was OK but I have not repeated the activity and I am not sure why not.

When I go to the grocery store I walk up and down every isle.  I do the same in the drug store.  And I walk outside on the deck.  But I know I should be walking more than I do.  The problem of course is my legs.  If I walk too far my legs ache.  If I do not walk enough my legs ache.  If I do not walk at all other than around the house my legs feel better, but only for a few days.  Then they get worse.   I am hoping that when Rita is here she will walk with me.   The problem is that she can walk much faster than me so she will need to slow down.  I keep thinking that I will take more walks but so far I have not done them.  I wonder why?

1 comment:

Rita dickie said...

Hello Ruth, yes we will walk daily. I will bring my rain coat, my foot is better and I will bring my sneakers. Soon we will be in Nova Scotia. 😊