Saturday, August 27, 2016

August 27, 2016. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Steven Hanley.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.    Steven looks after our truck.  He is an auto mechanic and a good one.  Our truck is not new but Steven keeps it running like a top.  We have been dealing with him for 16 years and by now we know his good qualities.  He and I have had several conversations about retiring and cutting down the hours worked, as you get older.  Now he quits at 4:00 every day.  Every other weekend with his wife they take a long weekend in his big RV and leave for Kenji on Friday morning and returns Monday afternoon.   We are not social friends but we are friends.

My accident occurred right in front of his home and shop.  He did everything to be helpful to me.  He drove the truck and me to his yard and he sat me down in his office with a table by my side so I can make the calls.  He went and asked the man who hit me to come and give me his information and asked the police to do the same.  When all the paperwork was done and phone calls completed, he called the Mitchells to come and pick me up.  In other words, he looked after me because I was a friend in need.   I have always known him to be a gentle, kindly soul.  This time I saw him in action, helping me in every way possible.   I was fortunate with the location of the accident.  Some days you just get lucky.

No comments: