Thursday, August 25, 2016

August 25, 2016. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Gloria and Gary.

We have not seen Gloria and Gary since our 55th anniversary in Texas.  It is nice they are visiting us now in Nova Scotia.   On Wednesday,  I went to open windows in the Guest House as the days have been hot and I thought it would be stuffy.   During the night, a front came through.  This morning, the wind was high and the air was chilly so when I took them over to the Guest House after lunch, the room was downright cold.   Being polite, they assured me that after the 100 degrees they had experienced in Bethesda, they were ready for some cold air.  I think I should have closed the window this morning.

So far, all we have done is talk and eat.  I ordered the caterers again.   Both Gloria and I will enjoy not cooking.   After they arrived and ate lunch, we talked.  And we all took a nap.  The weather was blustery but the sun was strong so we drank a glass sitting on the deck enjoying the rough seas.  You can see white caps out as far as you can see.  The Ely's came by to say hello while we were on the deck.

Gloria and Gary approve of the Guest House.   They think they will be comfortable staying there for the week.  Tomorrow, they will stick around Liverpool.  Perhaps we will all go out to lunch.  Anyway, we are delighted they came to visit.   I am always surprised how many friends tell us they are coming to visit us in Nova Scotia but then never make a plan to come.  But Gloria and Gary made a plan and they are here.   We are happy.

No comments: