Friday, August 26, 2016

August 26, 2016. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Accident.

Sitting in our driveway is a new Chevrolet truck.  The owner of the truck is Enterprise Car Rental.  We are allowed to drive it while the insurance company will make a determination as to how much the repair to our truck will cost.  I feel as if we have just done all this with the Escape in Mississippi.  Now we get to do it all again, but now in Nova Scotia.   Things worked out well with the Escape so we hope we will have the same good fortune here.

Wednesday afternoon I was driving to the grocery store on Shore Road.  My intention was to stop on the way to say hello to Walt and Mary, but I never got there.   A man backed into the road from his driveway and hit the front right of the truck.  He was backing up very fast because the sound brought our mechanic out to see what had happened.  I was directly in front of his house and shop.  From then on, the paper shufflers take over.  I called our insurance company.  The police were called and took statements.  The insurance company arranged for the rental.  Mary Mitchell came to drive me home.  The next morning, Enterprise brought us the truck.

I was not injured.  Our truck is big and heavy.   When I got home, I called Mary Mac. to see if she might be going to the grocery store and she was just leaving with Walt, so she picked me up and I was able to shop.   When we returned from shopping, Walt came in and had a short visit with Ken so something good came from the accident.  Ken was not aware of the accident until we came home from the grocery store.  Now the process is beginning.

No comments: