Sunday, August 21, 2016

August 21, 2016. . Pleasant field, Nova Scoria. The Cottage.

Our  cottage is charming.   Tiny too.   The big question of the evening is whether or not I will be able to sleep in the double bed.    Our plan is to come to the cottage this morning and stay until Tuesday after lunch.   I brought enough food.  But tomorrow the forecast is for rain all day, starting in the middle of the night.

Today the weather was perfect but we never made it down to the water.   All afternoon we read or slept.   I think I was catching up after my late nights watching the Olympics.    Now we will rest.

This place is unbelievably quiet.   No boats.   No neighbors.  No noise.   No people.

People often ask us why we ever leave the shore as our ocean home has such a beautiful setting.    We wonder ourselves.    But I have always enjoyed swimming and the lake water is pleasant and Ken was good with the conoe.  But Ken is not sure he can get out of a canoe and I am not sure about getting out of the water either.    The grandchildren enjoy the kayaks and conoes too along with the raft.    I like to sit and wait for the sound of the loons.   I will listen for it tonight.  And that is why we come to the cottage even though most people think we are nuts.   We like our little cottage.  

No comments: