Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August 2, 2016. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Sleeping In.

One of the great pleasures of being retired is getting up whenever I wake up.   For most of my life, I awoke to the clock radio, usually at 6:00.  But not any more.  I still wake up at 6:00  but I go back to sleep for another hour or so.  But today I did not wake up until 11:00.  I felt like one of the teenagers who sleep until noon.  It was almost noon when I was eating breakfast.   Such decadence.

I have gotten into the habit of going to bed around midnight, which is OK because I get up around 8:00 but what occurred for me to stay asleep until 11:00 is a mystery.   The only excuse I could think of was the lack of company.  This morning was the first day since we arrived that we had no house guests so I had no responsibilities.  This really makes no sense because our guests make the coffee and prepare their own breakfast but I must sense that I have tasks to do and people to see.  Now I am really and truly off duty.   I wonder when I will wake up tomorrow?

No comments: